This searchable database now contains nearly 450 proven examples from the past five years, from more than 40 countries in Europe, the Middle East & Africa. It demonstrates the practical ways in which hotels have strived to reach out to the local community, reduce their environmental footprint, share the Responsible Business message and ensure the health and wellbeing of guests and employees.
Through promoting and implementing such social and environmental best practice, our hotels have achieved a variety of certifications and received due recognition.
Please click on the menu to the left to read more.
Responsible Business related Certifications and Awards
Our hotels have won various external awards and certificates which highlight our efforts as a responsible company that is sensitive to its environment. These awards focus on our inroads made towards waste management, energy efficiency, better indoor air quality and our educational/training efforts towards both employees and hotel guests.
Recognising the challenges of improving Responsible Business to its maximum potential, at the beginning of 2008 Rezidor committed to tripling the number of eco-labelled hotels in five key target regions: the Nordics, Benelux/ France/ Tunisia, UK, Ireland and Germany. These independent and internationally recognised third-party certifications ensure fully transparent and credible communication about our achievements.
Overall, our results have been even better than expected as you can see below. But this result looks even better when we take into account the numerous additional properties that have already submitted their eco-labelling applications and are on track to achieve their certification later this year.
View a complete listing of our awards and certifications below.
Third Party Environmental Certifications
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels (2009)
Green Hospitality Award, Ireland
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork - Gold Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport - Gold Award (2008)
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin - Silver Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin - Silver Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan - Silver Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway - Silver Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone - Bronze Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Limerick - Bronze Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny - Bronze Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo - Bronze Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Resort, El Quseir, Benchmarked Silver Status (2008)
Golden Leaf Green Hotel Certificate, China
Radisson Blu Hotel Beijing, China (2007)
Nordic Swan Eco-label
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Aarhus (2008)
Radisson Blu Falconer Hotel and Conference Centre, Copenhagen (2009)
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen (2009)
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Copenhagen (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Epsoo (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Oulu (2009)
Radisson Blu Marina Palace Hotel, Turku (2009)
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki (2009)
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Helsinki (2009)
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Vaasa (2009)
Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki (2009)
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo (2003)
Radisson Blu Airport Hotel, Oslo (2003)
Radisson Blu Atlantic Hotel, Stavanger (2005)
Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo (2006)
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Oslo (2007)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Ålesund (2007)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Tromsø (2008)
Radisson Blu Royal Garden Hotel, Trondheim (2009)
Radisson Blu Polar Hotel, Spitsbergen (2009)
Park Inn Solna (2008)
Park Inn Uppsala (2008)
Radisson Blu Arlandia Hotel, Stockholm-Arlanda (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Linkjøping (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Malmø (2008)
Radisson Blu Royal Park Hotel Stockholm (2008)
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm (2008)
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gøteborg
Radisson Blu SkyCity Hotel, Stockholm-Arlanda (2008)
Radisson Blu Strand Hotel, Stockholm (2008)
Österreichische Umweltzeichen (Austrian Ecolabel)
Radisson Blu Palais Hotel, Vienna (2007)
Park Inn Uno City Vienna (2008)
The Green Tourism Business Scheme, UK
Radisson Blu Hotel, Edinburgh, Gold Award (2007)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, Gold Award (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Stansted Airport, Gold Award (2009)
Park Inn Heathrow, Gold Award (2008)
Park Inn Hyde Park, Silver Award (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, Silver Award (2008)
Park Inn Russell Square, Silver Award (2009)
Park Inn Telford, Silver Award (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, Silver Award (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds, Silver Award (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, Silver Award (2009)
Radisson Blu Portman Hotel, London, Silver Award (2009)
The Green Key
Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt (2009)
Radisson Blu Park Lane Hotel, Antwerp (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Paris-Boulogne (2007)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice (2007)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Lyon (2007)
Park Inn Arcachon (2008)
Park Inn Lyon Ouest (2008)
Park Inn Macôn (2008)
Park Inn Nancy (2008)
Park Inn Nice (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Marseille (2008)
Park Inn Charles de Gaulle Airport (2009)
Park Inn Orange (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel Aix les Bains (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Resort Paris (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel Toulouse Airport (2009)
Radisson Blu Astorija Hotel, Vilnius (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Klaipeda (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam Airport (2009)
Radisson Blu Hotel City Centre, Amsterdam (2007)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cologne (2008)
Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Dusseldorf (2008)
Radisson Blu Gewandhaus Hotel, Dresden (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Frankfurt (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Hannover (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Berlin (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cottbus (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Karlsruhe (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Neubrandenburg (2008)
Radisson Blu Hotel, Rostock (2008)
Radisson Blu Media Harbour Hotel, Düsseldorf (2008)
Radisson Blu Resort Schloss Fleesensee (2008)
Radisson Blu Resort, Rügen (2008)
Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, Wiesbaden (2008)
The Regent Berlin (2008)
Rezidor Hotel Group
- The Rezidor Hotel Group's Responsible Business programme received the Owner-Friendly Innovation of the Year Award by HOFTEL (Hotel Owners and Franchises Transatlantic and European League), Helsinki, November, 2006.
- Rezidor SAS received the Worldwide Hospitality Award for Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development, MKG Group, Paris, November 2004.
- The SAS Group, including Rezidor SAS, received the Tetra Laval Group Transport & Travel Environmental Award, for outstanding progress and commitment to the environment, Lund, 2003.
For the third time in three years, the Radisson Blu Resort, El Quseir received the TUI Environmental Champion award in October. The awards, which have been running since 1996 and reward hotels working with tour operator TUI, recognize the top 100 hotels worldwide for their environmentally and future orientated hotel management.In October, Radisson Blu St Helens Hotel won the top award under the Tourism Category at the annual Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown EnviroCom Awards ceremony. The hotel was especially recognised for operating under a code of business ethics including policy that directs all employees to care for the planet.
- The Mayor of London’s Green Procurement code supported by the London Development Agency was re-launched in 2007 for London based organizations committed to reducing their environmental impact through responsible purchasing. Park Inn Hyde Park signed up to this code in 2008 and managed to achieve the Bronze award in Green Procurement in their first year in September.
- In June Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork has been shortlisted for Chambers Ireland Presidents award for Corporate Social Responsibility. The hotel has also been shortlisted for two additional overall awards by Chambers Ireland for Most Innovative CSR Project and Outstanding Achievement in CSR. The shortlist comes after the hotel received a Gold Green Hospitality Award and the overall National award for Energy Management earlier in the year.
- The Considerate Hotelier Awards this May were dominated by Rezidor with Radisson Blu hotel in Edinburgh named Considerate Hotel of the Year; Alexandra Hammond, Responsible Business Manager for The Rezidor Hotel Group in the UK, runner-up in the 'Green Champion of the Year' category and named 'the one to watch'; as well as Park Inn Heathrow short-listed in the 'Green Team of the Year' category.
- The hard work of the Meetings and Events team at Radisson Blu Hotel, Krakow paid off when MICE Poland magazine rated them the most ecological business meetings venue in Krakow, and third in Poland in April.
- Sumit Sharma, Chief Engineer at Park Inn Russell Square was overall winner in the category of "Innovation in Energy Efficiency and Carbon Reduction" at the Eeco awards in April, whilst Jason Duffy, Human Resources Manager and Responsible Business Co-ordinator, was recognised for his Exceptional Contribution to his Organisation's Environmental Performance.
- In February, Park Inn, Heathrow was awarded a Special Commendation Award for Excellent Social Responsibility at the prestigious HRS Hotel Excellence Awards held at One Whitehall Place in London. The HRS Hotel Excellence Award is one of the Best Practice Forum's Business Excellence Awards and is one of the most prestigious and highly coveted in the tourism and hospitality industry.
- In January 2009 as part of the Green Hospitality Awards, Radisson SAS Hotels in Ireland were presented with the Group Environmental Excellence award by Mr. Michael Kitt, T.D., Minister of State at the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government for their outstanding efforts in environmental management.
- Radisson SAS Béke Hotel, Budapest, was awarded the Green Hotel Award by the Hungarian Hotel Association in January 2009 for their Responsible Business efforts.
- Rezidor got off to a great start for 2009 at the UK HRS Hotel Excellence Awards in January where Radisson SAS Hotel, Glasgow won the award for Excellent Social Responsibility and Park Inn Heathrow received a special commendation award in the same category.
- Radisson SAS Hotel, Glasgow was delighted to be awarded the Glasgow Business Award for Sustainable Development, and was also short listed for Best Green Venue in the Scottish Events Awards.
- Park Inn Watford ended the year on a high when they achieved the Silver award in One Watford Green Business Pledge in December 2008.The Hungarian Hotel Association awarded the Park Inn Sárvár the Green Hotel Award for their Responsible Business efforts in 2008.
- Radisson SAS Resort in El Quesir, Egypt, has become the TUI Environmental Champion for the second year running in recognition of their vision and work on sustainable hotel management and active practice to reduce the negative impacts on our environment. The global tour operator TUI considered holiday resorts from over 22 countries.
- Radisson SAS Edinburgh were finalists for the Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism in 2007 but this year the hotel clinched the honour through its exemplary Responsible Business work and leadership role. This hotel is also the 2008 winner of the prestigious VIBES Awards (Vision in Business for the Environment of Scotland), which honours success in business through environmental stewardship and responsibility.
- In October, Radisson SAS Glasgow won the Glasgow Business Award for Sustainable Development. The judges highlighted that the hotels implementation of initiatives to benefit the environment were excellent and were extremely impressed with the waste management scheme in conjunction with Glasgow City Council.
- Radisson SAS Hotel London Stansted Airport won the Environmental Awareness category in the Mid Essex Business Awards 2008. The hotel team enforces the RB programme passionately by making a conscious decision in favour of the environment & social issues not just in the hotel business life but also privately too.
- Radisson SAS Hotel Beijing, China received the Golden Leaf Green Hotel Certificate for environmental excellence this year.
- In March 2007 Radisson SAS Royal Hotel in Brussels received the first star in the Ecodynamique Label for Entreprises, an initiative from the Brussels Institute for Management of the Environment.
- In recognition of best practice regarding management of the local environment, in November, Radisson SAS Golden Sands Resort & Spa, Malta, won a Gold award for Built Projects at the Livable Communities Awards, which are endorsed by the United Nations Environment Programme.
- 2007 was a busy year for Radisson SAS Edinburgh who garnered many awards as follows: Vision in Business for the Environment of Scotland (VIBES) - Honoured Finalist; Virgin Holidays Responsible Tourism Awards - Highly Commended; Thistle Awards - Sustainable Tourism - Finalist; Hotel Cateys, Green Hotel of the Year - Finalist; National Business Awards for Scotland, Environmental Awareness - Finalist; National Business Awards for Scotland, Corporate Social Responsibility - Finalist. The hotel also won the Considerate Hoteliers Association WRAP Waste Reduction Award for its impressive approach to waste management. It reduced waste to landfill by over 50% through comprehensive recycling and staff awareness
- In 2007, Park Inn Zurich received the "Naturpark Certificate" from Natur & Wirtschaft Zürich, a leading Swiss organisation for the protection of the environment, for the herbs, flowers and plants around the property as well as their dry biotope.
- Radisson SAS Stansted received two awards for their attention to disabled facilities in 2007: a Heart Beat Award - Silver from Uttlesford District Council and the Special Award for the M&IT Best Disabled Facilities.
- The Diplomat Radisson SAS Hotel Residence & Spa, Manama, was awarded by "The Best Energy Saving Hotel in the Kingdom2 by the Bahrain Ministry of Electricity & Water.
- All Radisson SAS hotels in Ireland voted "among the top 50 companies to work for", 2005, 2006, 2007.
- Radisson SAS Resort, Taba won gold for the Best Environmental 5-star hotel by the Middle East and North Africa Travel Awards (MENA) May, 2006
- Radisson SAS St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin received an award from the Irish Tourism Board, Fáilte Ireland, together with the Irish Hotel Federation and Irish Hospitality Institute, for its cultural diversity, April 2006.
2005Radisson SAS Hotel & Resort in Sharjah received appreciation for support and participation of the Environmental Award from the Emirates Environmental Group and the Government of Sharjah, 2005.
- Radisson SAS Hotel in Cork has received the Green Fáilte bronze award for their environmental and RB achievements, 2005.
- Radisson SAS St. Helens Hotel in Dublin received the Tidy Towns Award for their environmental achievements, 2005.
- Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel in Oslo received an award as "Best Inclusive Workplace in the city of Oslo due to reduced sick leave, 2005.
- Radisson SAS St. Helen's Hotel in Dublin was voted among the top 50 companies to work for, 2004.
- Radisson SAS Hotel in Sofia received from the United Nation's Development Programme a reward for successful implementation of socially responsible practices in accordance with the principles of the Global Compact in Bulgaria, April, 2004.
- Radisson SAS Hotel in Galway was rewarded the Galway Chamber of Commerce & Industry Business Award - Category for the Environment, 2003.
- Radisson SAS St. Helen's Hotel in Dublin received the Dublin City Chamber of Commerce & Guinness Award for Excellent Contribution to the Local Community, 2003.
- Radisson SAS Bay Point Resort was awarded the Industry Award for Environment, by the Malta Environment & Planning Authority and Institute for Cleaner Technology, 2002.